Thursday, December 20, 2012

Vintage Post: Wash 'N Go


I can thank motherhood for reaquainting me with the wash and go.  On Sunday, I pre-pooed (water, coconut oil and baggied) my hair to prep for a wash.  But Mariah, kept me so busy that I couldn't wash and twist my hair.  Before I knew it, it was time for us to take Mariah to my mom's house so the hubby and I could see Transformers for date night.

So to avoid walking around with greasy hair and smelling like a coconut, I had to improvise. 

Wash 'N Go
I washed with Shea Moisture- Moisture Retention Shampoo and conditioned  with Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner.  I then put in Giovanni Direct-Leave -in and sealed with African Royale Hot Six Oil. I then added Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie to small sections, detangled, braided, and sealed the ends with shea butter. I then blotted with a t-shirt and blow dried a bit, focusing on the roots, and sealed with jojoba oil. I dressed, pulled into a puff, and put on a headwrap to slick down the front. I took it off before I got out the car at the movies.  And voila!

Co-Wash 'N Go
On Wednesday, I co-washed with Suave Humectants (cheapie conditioner). I finger detangled a bit. I then added Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.  I did mini pineapples with scrunchies and  dressed.  I used the aforementioned puff method.

Refresh 'N Go
To refresh for second day hair (points above), I spritzed with water and sealed with jojoba oil.  I used the same puff method.

This definitely won't be my go to style since my hair dries out too quickly with a wash 'n go. But when I'm pinched for time, it is comforting to know that I have this as an option.

What are your time saving hair tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...