Monday, December 3, 2012

Guest Post: Love Me So Naturally


  Today's guest post is from "Love me So Naturally". In her post, she explains natural courage.

Naturally Courageous

Learning to embrace our natural beauty can be challenging. Often times we aspire to be what we see. Well, I have decided to challenge myself. In November of  2010, I decided to join many others on the journey to care for and grow my hair in its natural state. After much research, I learned that a lot of the issues I have faced with growing my hair to its optimal length was a due to the harsh chemicals I used to process my hair. What a relief it was to find out that once I changed the way a handled my hair, my hair would change the way it responded to me.

I know that true change can only come from within. So today, I will walk the journey of loving myself from the inside out. I invite you to join me on this journey.

The journey to put the elements of who I truly am back into me….the journey to become "Naturally Courageous".
As a bonus... check out her henna mix!
Since I have decided to go natural I have treated my hair with Henna almost every four to six weeks. Henna is a natural hair dye which provides a wealth of benefits for strong, healthy hair. Henna is great for completely covering gray hair and lasts much longer then other coloring agents. For various results, Henna may be mixed with other natural coloring agents such as Indigo to achieve your desired look.

My Henna Mix:

100g of Body Art Quality Henna
1/2 cup of conditioner of your choice (My Preference: Say Yes to Carrots! or Herbal Essence Hello Hydration)
1/2 cup of Distilled water
2-3 drops of Peppermint Oil
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil

Mix ingredients to a thick paste and apply evenly throughout the hair. (It is not necessary to wash hair prior to application) Cover hair with a plastic cap or saran wrap for at least three hours. Thoroughly rinse hair free of Henna residue, and style hair as normal.

Though Henna is a great benefit for naturals, it also provides the same benefits for chemically treated hair. However, it is important to use body art quality Henna if your hair is chemically treated.

There are some rare cases of people who have had an allergic reaction to Henna. Thus, prior to using this product I would recommend completing a test patch to verify you do not develop any of the following symptoms:
a tight feeling in the chest, sneezing, itchy eyes, runny nose, and dry cough, after exposure to Henna powder or paste.

As with any product, I would recommend that you do extensive research to ensure that the product is right for you.

You can purchase Henna from the following website: http://www.hennaforhair.com/

As always, leave comments, questions, or add suggestions on how you use Henna.

Until next time, Love Me So Naturally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...