Friday, December 7, 2012

Vintage Post: My first puff (and crazy eyes...)


Today, I reached a major milestone!  I achieved my first puff! (Doing a little happy dance...) Before I explain how I achieved this look, I must first make a confession.  I haven't washed my hair in almost two weeks.  (Don't judge me. I did cleanse my scalp with some astringent when it started to itch though.) Yes... this is my curl revision from my rod set.  It started to revert on its own... so I helped it along with steam and water spritzes.  Don't worry. I plan on washing and deep conditioning this weekend.

Step 1: Spritz with water/conditioner mix.
Step 2: Add Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie for more moisture and curl definition.
Step 3: Seal with Hot Six Oil spray (or oil/oil mixture of your choice).
Step 4: Used Let's Jam to smooth edges (Yes, I know it has alcohol...and it's not Cetyl which is fatty and moisturizing either.   But I don't like ecostyler...sorry.)
Step 5: Used sock to pull hair into puff. (You can use a stocking or shoe string as an alternative.)
Step 6: Put on a headtie to smooth edges.  Drove to work and took it off upon arrival.

* On another note...

Don't I look like I have crazy eyes in this pic?  Nadette has a theory that people who have crazy eyes are usually... crazy!  I've tested this theory time and time again.  And she is very right.  I promise I'm not crazy though.  I have a family member in the hospital and I think I was trying too hard to smile. After a couple attempts, I finally gave up and settled on this picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...